Under the Spotlight: Nabeel Rabbani

Who would’ve thought that a bad economy would help someone find his passion and path in life?

That is how USEO’s very own Google AdWords specialist, Nabeel Rabanni, found a career in digital marketing.

With a master’s degree in Finance, Nabeel spent a good six years playing with stocks, market trends and figures, until the global economic crisis hit in 2008.

Faced with a not-so-promising market, Nabeel grabbed the chance offered by a friend to switch to digital marketing.

The next year, Nabeel forged his career as a PPC analyst, a new path where his knowledge of numbers comes in handy.

Who is Nabeel as a professional?

Nabeel is somewhat of a jack-of-all-trades in digital marketing. Aside from Google AdWords, he also dabbles in social media marketing, e-mail marketing and web design and development.

He’s the kind of guy who always puts 100% in everything he does – and even more but never less.

nabeel02

“As a Muslim, I believe I need to give 100% always.
If I only give 99%, I’m accountable for the remaining 1%.”

And though many consider him as an expert in his field, Nabeel continues to learn more and keeps himself updated on the latest changes in the industry. “There is another ocean I have to discover.”

Who is Nabeel outside the office?

There are two things that occupy Nabeel’s time:

  1. Things he wants to do.
  2. And things he must do.

He loves the outdoors and on weekends, you will probably find him fishing or flying his camera drone in Fujairah and Ras-al-Khaimah.

He also loves driving! Except during rush hour in Dubai. But he takes pleasure in driving through mountain roads and along the beaches.

He avoids the malls because it’s crowded and because he doesn’t like spending money on material things.

“Life is temporary. Instead of wasting your time focusing on material things, you should focus on [your] ethics. Character building should be [your] main pillar.”

(It’s also his way of keeping his wife from buying things they don’t need.)

Since 2005, Nabeel has been a big fan of football, and an avid supporter of Liverpool FC. A family man through and through, he shares his love for the sport with his two sons by playing footie with them from time to time.

Having travelled to the US and Australia in the past, Nabeel wants his next adventures to include African safaris, Mauritius beaches, and the snow-capped mountains of Skardu, in his home country of Pakistan.

nabeel03

Post by Honey Garcia